The goal of a Test Automation Engineer is to structure high quality test automation code and increase efficiency and quality with passion for agile testing and its methodologies.
Test Automation Engineer is responsible for the creation, execution and documentation of the tests necessary to ensure that application and technical environment meets highest level of quality (technical and functional) and freedom from defects.
S/he ensures that quality standards are met and adhered to by using their knowledge and quality assurance methods, tools and techniques. The role will resolve, document, and report to management quality problems that arise.
Test Automation Engineer will help expanding the coverage of our automated tests and make sure that all new functionalities are covered by automated tests.
S/he is also responsible for support and optimization of test management process and Software Quality.
- Create and maintain end-to-end automation scripts for agreed test cases on a Java based framework
- Develop automated tests written in Cucumber, using Selenium with Java, and Spring framework, triggered from Jenkins
- Evaluate test results and where necessary create failure reports
- Derive process improvements, advise and train the development teams in implementing the automation requirements
- Optimize the test processes and environment together with our infrastructure team.
- Responsible for maintaining and implementing quality processes.
Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- University degree in information technology or comparable education
- 3+ years of professional experience in the field of automated software tests
- Experience in writing, executing and monitoring automated test suites using a variety of technologies including, but not limited to, Cucumber, Maven, Selenium; seeTest, Ranorex
- Knowledge of common methods of CI software development with IntelliJ , Jenkins etc.
- End-to-end testing experience
- Cross-device/cross-platform testing experience
- Experience in Content Management System (CMS) testing
- Background in working with complex software packages in the development of eCommerce/Retail systems (strong advantage)
- Experience or working knowledge of SAP is a plus
- ISTQB Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst certification is a plus
- Experience in working with test case management tools/bug tracking tools
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience working in an Agile team;
- Fluent in spoken and written English