The JAVA DEVELOPER is responsible for the development and support of individual applications. This involves planning, analysis, detailed design, testing and implementing the components. This also involves determining hardware/software systems requirements and leading systems hardware/software design. This Java Developer role partners with the IT Architects during the initial stages of the project/solution to ensure the accuracy of business cases and that the solution will meet the business need. The Java Developer adheres to the established lifecycle methodology and practices in accordance to project plans while carrying out their responsibilities. This may include maintaining program libraries and technical documentation of the individual applications.
Key processes supported
- Project planning, estimating, reporting, scheduling, and workflow.
- Developing high quality code for technical solutions
- Coordinate the development and configuration of applications from conceptualization through stabilization.
- Lead effort in testing, debugging and documenting application
- Fix any defects and performance problems discovered in testing.
- Develop and recommend technical strategies and solutions to management.
- Lead implementation of application by analyzing the current system environment, using technical tools and utilities, performing complex product customization and verification procedures to ensure successful installation of systems hardware/software.
- Lead effort to provide support to production support service requests and perform routine maintenance and support activities